4oz Feta Cheese
1 Rustic French Bagget, sliced
1 tbs nonfat Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large Smith Farms Organic Red Bell Pepper
2 tbs Smith Farms Organic Basil
Salt and Pepper
1. To roast the bell peppers, use an open gas burner and rotate the pepper until it is charred on all sides. If you do not have an open gas burner, use the broil setting of your oven which results in the same charred pepper. After all sides have been blackened, place in a bowl covered tightly with saran wrap for 20 minutes. Then take a paper towel to scrap the burn skin off and deseed the pepper. Slice thin and set aside.
2. In a food processor, add the feta cheese, Greek yogurt and 1 tsp salt and pinch of ground black pepper. Turn on blender and pour in olive oil until it becomes a spreadable mixture (about ¼ cup).
3. Slice the bagget with a serrated knife about ½ inch thick. Place in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Put slices in a preheated 425 oven and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crisp.
4. When the bread comes out of the oven, cut a clove of garlic in half exposing the flesh and rub on the bread.
5. Stake up the basil leaves and roll into a cigar-like shape. Cut across to make ribbons of basil.